Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Sisters of Isis by Lynne Ewing

I'm not sure what authors think when they go to write a novel. I hope that their interest is only in creating something purely their own. With this story, I had to force myself to keep reading. I could tell that Ewing was trying very hard to make her characters sound appealing to YA audiences. I did like the interesting take on Egyptian culture, although I would've wished for a more developed protagonist. It seemed that Sudi, was overly dramatic and couldn't make up her mind. In the end, I felt as if Sudi's progress had been rushed just to meet a deadline. A book like this is well suited for intermediate readers, and those who like wishy-washy characters. I would not read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Books

  • Stephenie Plum series- Janet Evanovich
  • Tale of Two Cities- Charles Dickins
  • Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
  • Someone Like You- Sarah Dressen